Fair Play Code
Fair Play Code for Athletes
- I will train and compete because I want to and not just because my parents or coaches want me to.
- I will play by the rules and in the spirit of the game.
- I will control my temper - fighting and "mouthing off" and inappropriate actions, language or gestures can spoil the activity for everyone.
- I will respect my opponents.
- I will do my best to be a true team player.
- I will remember that winning isn't everything - that having fun, improving skills, making friends and doing my best are also important.
- I will remember that coaches and officials are there to help. I will accept their decisions and show them respect.
- I will never criticize or use social networking to criticize or threaten in an unprofessional manner another school team, coach, player, game official or the NBIAA/ASINB.
Fair Play Code for Coaches
- I will be reasonable when scheduling games and practices.
- I will teach my athletes to play fairly and to respect the rules, officials and opponents.
- I will ensure that all athletes get instruction, support and an opportunity to compete.
- I will not ridicule my athletes for making mistakes or for performing poorly. I will remember that athletes compete for enjoyment and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves.
- I will make sure that equipment and facilities are safe and match the athletes' age and abilities.
- I will practice good sportsmanship and not gamesmanship and will win or lose with honour.
- I will remember that athletes need a coach they can respect. I will be generous with praise and set a good example.
- I will obtain proper training and continue to upgrade my coaching skills.
- I will abide by all of the by-laws, operating regulations and written policies of the NBIAA, as well as the expectations of the school administration.
- I will never criticize or use social networking to criticize in an unprofessional manner another school’s administrator, school team, coach, player, game official or the NBIAA/ASINB
Fair Play Code for Spectators
NBIAA is committed to ensuring that all athletes have the opportunity to participate in a safe and enjoyable environment. We have strong values of fair play, integrity, mutual respect, safety, graciousness and sportsmanship. Spectators are expected to conduct themselves in a manner which supports the values of our organization and encourages the development of all athletes on and off the competition area.
- I will cheer for all athletes in a positive manner, modeling good sportsmanship, respect for others and fair play and will not cheer against the opponents.
- I will show respect to all individuals, treating everyone with courtesy, including but not limited to athletes, coaches, officials, volunteers, other spectators and parents.
- I will present any protest or disagreements via the correct avenue and in a respectful manner.
- I will refrain from engaging in foul or profane language or otherwise offensive behavior.
- I will not use physical force or engage in verbal abuse, or violent acts of any kind.
- I will not partake in the unlicensed use of alcohol or the illegal use of drugs at an Athletics Event.