NBIAA FAIR PLAY CODE
FAIR PLAY CODE FOR ATHLETES
1. I will train and compete because I want to and not just because my parents or coaches want me to.
2. I will play fair and follow the rules and in the spirit of the game.
3. I will control my temper – fighting, “mouthing off” and inappropriate actions, language or gestures can spoil the activity for everyone.
4. I will respect my teammates and my opponents.
5. I will do my best to be a true team player.
6. I will remember that winning is not everything – that having fun, improving skills, making friends and doing my best are also important.
7. I will let my coaches know when I or any teammates are hurt or injured.
8. I will remember that coaches and officials are there to help. I will accept their decisions and show them respect.
I will never criticize or use social networking to criticize or threaten in an unprofessional manner another school team, coach, player, or game official or the NBIAA - ASINB.
FAIR PLAY CODE FOR COACHES
1. I will be reasonable when scheduling games and practices.
2. I will teach my athletes to play fairly and to respect the rules, officials and opponents.
3. I will ensure that all athletes get instruction, support and an opportunity to compete.
4. I will not ridicule my athletes for making mistakes or for performing poorly. I will remember that athletes compete for enjoyment and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves.
5. I will make sure that equipment and facilities are safe and match the athletes’ age and abilities.
6. I will ensure my players health & safety is priority and to educate them on the importance of disclosing any injuries to themseleves or their teammates.
7. I will practice good sportsmanship and not gamesmanship and will win or lose with honour.
8. I will remember that athletes need a coach they can respect. I will be generous with praise and set a good example.
9. I will respect my athletes, parents, officials and our opponents.
10. I will obtain proper training and continue to upgrade my coaching skills.
11. I will abide by all of the by-laws, operating regulations and written policies of the NBIAA, as well as the expectations of the school administration.
12. I will never criticize or use social networking to criticize in an unprofessional manner another school’s administrator, school team, coach, player, game official or the NBIAA.
FAIR PLAY CODE FOR SPECTATORS & PARENTS
NBIAA is committed to ensuring that all athletes have the opportunity to participate in a safe and enjoyable environment. We have strong values of fair play, integrity, mutual respect, safety, graciousness and sportsmanship. Spectators and parents are expected to conduct themselves in a manner which supports the values of our organization and encourages the development of all athletes on and off the competition area.
1. I will cheer for all athletes in a positive manner, modeling good sportsmanship, respect for others and fair play and will not cheer against the opponents.
2. I will show respect to all individuals, treating everyone with courtesy, including but not limited to athletes, coaches, officials, volunteers, other spectators and parents.
3. I will present any protest or disagreements via the correct avenue and in a respectful manner.
4. I will never criticize or use social networking to criticize in an unprofessional manner another school’s administrator, school team, coach, player, game official or the NBIAA.
5. I will refrain from engaging in foul or profane language or otherwise offensive behavior.
6. I will not use physical force or engage in verbal abuse, or violent acts of any kind.
7. I will not partake in the use of alcohol, tobacco or illegal use of drugs at any NBIAA activities.
8. If my child is participating, I will make sure the coach is aware if they have any injuries.